CV of Dr. Samit Chattopadhyay
Name: Samit Chattopadhyay
Present designation: Scientist-E
Address: National Center for Cell Science
Ganeshkhind, Pune 411007
Phone: 20 2569 0922; Fax: 20 2569 2259
B. Sc, 1980, Calcutta University, Ranked 3rd in the University
M. Sc. 1984, Calcutta University, Ranked 2nd in the University with a specialization in Cytogenetics.
Ph. D: 1989, Indian Institute of Chemical Biology, Jadavpur, Kolkata
Instructor: 1990-95, UCONN Health Center, Farmington, USA, Specialization in Viral Transcription
Instructor: 1995-98. MIT, Boston, Working on T cell development aspects
Scientist-D, 1998-2003, National Centre for Cell Science, Pune; Chromatin and Cancer
Scientist-E, 2003 till date, National Centre for Cell Science, Gene regulation and Transcription during breast cancer.
Member of “The American
Society for Biochemistry
· Member of Molecular Immunology Forum (MIF)
· Member of Maharashtra Academy of Science (MAS)
· Life member of Society of Indian Cell Biology
· Board member of Indian Society for Development Biologists (ISDB)
· Thesis Committee member and examiner, ACTREC, Navi Mumbai
· Member of Guha Rsearch Conference (GRC)
· Awarded JRF from ICMR and SRF from CSIR (1984-1989)
· Awarded NIH Research Scientist and Instructor UCONN. USA (1990-95)
· Jay Vigyan Mission project Award, DBT, HIV-gene therapy (2000-2002)
· Certificate for being invited speaker: DNA Double Helix; NCCS, 2003
· Certificate Chromatin: Folded Secrets Unfolded; 2004, ACTREC, Mumbai
15. Das, A., Pal, M., Garcia, M. J., Crossley, R., Whalen, W., Wolska, K., Byrd, R. A., Court, D., Costantino, N., Mazzula, M., Rees, W., von Hippel, P., Chattopadhyay, S., DeVito, J. and Ghosh, B., (1996) Components of a multiprotein-RNA complex that controls transcription elongation in E. coli phage lambda. Methods in Enzymology, 274: 374.
19. Chattopadhyay, S. and Ghosh, R.K. (1989) The cloning and expression of transfer RNA gene cluster of Vibrio eltor phage e4. Virology, 171: 114.
20. Nair, B., Oku,Y., Takeda,Y., Ghosh, A., Ghosh, R.K., Chattopadhyay, S., Pal, S. C., Kaper, B.J., Takeda, T. (1988) Toxin profiles of vibrio cholerae Non-01 from environmental sources in Calcutta, India. Applied and Environmental Microbiology , 54: 3180.
21. Chattopadhyay, S. and Ghosh, R.K. (1988) Characterization of the transfer RNA coded by Vibrio eltor phage e4. Virology, 165: 606.
22. Chattopadhyay, S. and Ghosh, R.K. (1988) Localization of the transfer RNA gene on the physical map of Vibrio eltor phage e4. Virology, 162: 337.
23. Chattopadhyay, S., Kinchington, D. and Ghosh, R.K. (1987) Characterization of Vibrio eltor typing phages: Properties of the eltor phage e4. J. Gen.Virology, 68: 1411-1416.